Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole is packed full of all the creamy comforts of a home cooked meal. It's grandma's chicken and rice made easily, conveniently, and as deliciously as if made from scratch.
It's May and graduation season is here. I say this is a record year for graduations in my house. My daughter just completed two years of college, my husband completed his Masters in Physician Assistant studies and my son is graduating from high school. Whew, tears a welling up as I type this.
I have to say I am a proud mom and wife. These are my people and they make my heart complete. We have so much to be celebrating and are blessed abundantly. However, this momma is also needs just a little bit of comfort to get through all these emotional milestones! Anyone else out there like a big hug wrapped up in a casserole that tastes like grandma's lovin'?
This casserole has so much flavor and comes together in a cinch. I am all about making easy meals that taste amazing. Casseroles are perfect for sharing too! This week we are planning for a graduation party with two of my son's friends and this was the perfect quick and easy dinner. Not to mention it added plenty of comfort to me too!
A few of the parents came over to work on items for the party and they loved it. I served it with Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans , some rolls and dinner was done!
Oh I cannot forget dessert. They each got their very own Mini Almond Bundt Cake with Fresh Blueberry Whipped Cream! Y'all check out how easy those are too!
What you need for Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt, Pepper, & Onion Powder
- Cheddar Cheese Blend
- Panko Crumbs
How to Make a Super Easy Chicken and Rice Dinner
Gather up your easy ingredients!
In a large bowl mix the soups, salt, pepper & onion powder, water, & milk together. Add in chicken, cheese and rice and mix until well combined.
Pour into prepared baking dish. Tope with panko crumbs and drizzle with butter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes uncovered.
Chicken and Rice Casserole is certainly a perfect dish for easy weeknight meals, sharing with a friend in need or tasty enough for a Sunday Dinner! So y'all make sure you pin it for later! You will want to make this time and time again! Hope you enjoy!
5 Easy Weeknight Meals!
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Crock Pot Country Steak and Gravy
- Crock Pot Country Steak and Gravy
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 to 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- 4 to 6 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Remove skin from rotisserie chicken. Pull off meat from bones and chop into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together soups, salt, pepper, onion powder, milk, water. Add in chicken, rice, and cheese and mix until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with panko crumbs and drizzle with butter. (You may also combine the melted butter and crumbs and them sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.