Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe – A classic staple that finds its way on the table of any southern gathering. Made with cheddar cheese, pimentos, a touch a creamy and a dash of heat.S
Whether you want a snack to munch on or you are having company over, this Pimento Cheese Spread is just the thing to cure that craving. This one is a southern tradition and I for one am so glad it is.
Making this at home with fresh ingredients makes all the difference in taste. It comes together very easily and is the perfect appetizer, but is also great on bread for a sandwich, grilled cheese, and it’s amazing melted on top of fries.
My son particularly loves my Crawfish and Andouille Pimento Cheese Fries – If you don’t like crawfish you can omit or use shrimp. I cannot say enough how good that dish is!
However or whatever you choose to serve it with, it’s the perfect dip for your next picnic or party! Serve it with ritz crackers or assorted fancy ones. It pairs great with veggies for a low carb snack option.
The list goes on and on for this mighty southern pate! Just make sure you give this one a try! It gets rave reviews y’all!
What you need for Southern Pimento Cheese
- Sharp White Cheddar
- Sour Cream
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Southern Food Favorites
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- Southern Collard Greens
- Southern Style Baby Lima Beans
- Southern Black-Eyed Peas
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Cheesy Yellow Squash Casserole
- Oven Fried Panko Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
Delicious Southern Inspired Desserts
Come on over and be social with us!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
PIN – Southern Pimento Cheese – to Save and Share
Southern Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pimentos
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- Freshly shred an 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add mayo, sour cream, pimentos, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Combine by hand or with electric mixer for a smoother texture.
- Stir and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.