Last summer we were vacationing in the big "O" town and ate at Wahlburgers. For dessert we shared this delicious Grilled Banana Fluffa Nutta! Well it was magical and I knew I had to make it at home! So that is what I did! It is AMAZING!!! Ya'll, I changed it up just a bit and my Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese is born!
Since April is National Grilled Cheese Month and every grilled cheese has to have WELL - CHEESE!!!! I have added some cream cheese to the mix. The one at Wahlburgers had peanut butter and Nutella. My version omits the peanut butter but adds delightful cream cheese in with the Nutella for the most sinful dessert you will have in your life! But don't feel too guilty it is after all a fruit! You know it contains bananas - SO you are GOOD!
This dreamy sandwich is so rich and divine (I know I called it sinful and divine - I can't decide which it is), you may just want to share with someone. I must say we ordered one and passed it around the table each taking a bite. Then of course we had to order another- don't judge there were lots of us! After we returned home from vacation, I just couldn't get it off my mind. So in my kitchen this was created. My family thanked me with big smiles, let's just say they weren't sharing theirs in my house!
Mix together whipped cream cheese and Nutella. Slice your bananas length wise!
Grab your favorite bread! I used Texas Toast bread. (Its just a little thicker of a cut) Butter the outside, spread on one slice of bread the Nutella cream cheese mix. On the other piece of bread spread on the marshmallow fluff. Top one of them with the sliced bananas! I am leaving this up to you! I picked the Fluff side 🙂
Ok now magic is about to happen here! Get that skillet on medium to medium high heat. Throw in some BUTTA! Let it melt! Put one side in buttered side down then add other side on top butter side up! Grill until both sides golden brown and the inside are just good and melted!
I am so happy at this point! I just can't stand it! Ya'll, If you don't like OOEY GOOEY then this is your WARNING TO LOOK AWAY!
Now I am ready for a bite!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It's National Grilled Cheese month after all and it just can't be celebrated without a dessert Grilled Cheese 😉
You also CANNOT celebrate without trying all the deliciousness that my Sunday Supper friends have grilled up! Check out all their wonderful creations below!
Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 banana, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix Nutella and whipped cream cheese together until combined.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread On opposite side of one slice of bread spread Nutella and cream cheese mixture. On other slice of bread spread on marshmallow fluff. Add bananas to one side.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium to medium high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in bottom of pan.
- Place one side of sandwich in the pan butter side down and top with other side butter side up. Grill until each side is golden brown.