Chicken Parmesan is a family favorite at my house! My son adores it!! Thought I would spruce it up just a bit with this delicious Stuffed Chicken Parmesan version.
Do you enjoy making meals for your family and seeing HAPPINESS on their sweet faces? I always love to see the look on my son’s face when he walks in the door, STOPS TO SNIFF and asks “What’s for dinner mom?”. If tell him I am making one of his favorites, wait for it, that smile. He just lights up, there it is that happiness. And… the boy can EAT and BOY is he always hungry. Can any of you relate? His stomach is bottomless!
To have his metabolism though, WOW, I don’t know where in the world it all goes. He looks like those stick figures on the back of cars. Such a problem to have right. I WISH!
Feeding him gives me such joy and especially when he loves it. He loves FOOD! I could possibly be raising a food connoisseur. He loves to try new things, as long as it doesn’t involve too many veggies – absolutely NO GREEN BEANS. When he helps me in the kitchen, well that makes me SMILE!
Let Cook Friends – Grab your Ingredients
What to do before you STUFF this Chicken
Create a dredging station. One bowl with two eggs beaten, one with buttermilk and the other with breadcrumbs mixed with Italian Seasoning. Dip chicken in Buttermilk, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture. Now you are ready to fry!
Heat up your favorite frying skillet to medium high heat. Pour in your oil and get it heated up. Now add those gloriously breaded chicken breast to fry baby fry! Today the breasts were really a good size so I cooked them about 5 minutes on each side. They will finish in the oven.
Let’s Stuff this Bird
The way I stuffed this chicken could also be referred to as “Hasselback ” Chicken. Just think all that ooey goodness weaved throughout the chicken. Slice the chicken and allow all that stuffing slide down into the chicken. Once sliced, slide on in some soft mozzarella, basil leaves (I left them whole, but if you prefer you can dice it up) and top with a really good marinara sauce. Can you picture it – delightfully crusted and pan fried piece of greatness infused with that sauce and cheese? You may never do chicken parm the same way again!!
Then into the oven it goes! 400° for about 20 minutes.
Remove, top with shredded cheese and back in the oven under broiler for 5 minutes. Just keep an eye out – you don’t want to burn this masterpiece. Every stove is a little different, so just beware.
Does that CHEESE make you as happy as it does me!
Ya’ll know how much!!! After you get it all MELTY and BROWNED just right!! Reserve a little sauce for the bottom of your serving plate; I warm this up in a sauce pan on the stove top while its cooking.
Top with pasta. Today’s pasta is brought to you from the heavenly realms – angel hair! This is my hubby’s favorite!! It’s the great debate in my house. You know we all have our favs, so I change it up and play nice. Then crown it with the Stuffed Chicken Parmesan!
I am so glad you are here! Come join in on more fun and let’s be social!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox Click Here to Subscribe.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella & provolone cheese mix, shredded
- Create a dredging station. One bowl with eggs beaten, one with buttermilk and the other with breadcrumbs mixed with Italian Seasoning. Dip chicken in Buttermilk, then egg then breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium high heat. Place chicken breaded chicken breast in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. This will vary based on chicken breast side. They do not need to be completely cooked. They will finish in the oven.
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Slice chicken but not all the way through. In each opening place mozzarella cheese slice, a little of the minced garlic, and basil. Spoon marinara sauce on top of chicken.
- Set oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Return and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- In a sauce pan, heat marinara sauce on medium heat to plate dish and for extra sauce if desired.
- On bottom a serving plate, place some sauce, top with favorite pasta. Then place Stuffed Chicken Parmesan on top of pasta. Garnish with basil.
Other Delicious Recipes:
Head over to Meal Plan Monday and visit my friends for so many delicious dishes!