This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When you want a change from a traditional Chili, this White Chicken Chili perfectly blends the delicious flavors of chunks of chicken, white beans, savory spices and has just a little kick to make your taste buds say WOW!
This is my dear friend Di’s white chicken chili recipe. I can remember the first time I had this. It was so flavorful and delicious, I just had to have the recipe. Thank goodness, just like best girlfriends share secrets, Di also shared this wonderful recipe with me!!!! Shared recipes are the best recipes!
This is a recipe that you can get on your table quick and everyone will never know this one wasn’t simmering all day long! It’s a good one y’all! A great meal all in one bowl ready in 40 minutes!
What you will need to make this WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into cubes)
- chopped onion
- minced garlic
- vegetable or olive oil
- great northern beans
- chopped green chilies
- chicken broth
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- white pepper, black will work if you don’t have it
- cayenne pepper
- sour cream
- whipping cream
Easy Steps to making a delicious and easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Step 1. In a large saucepan, sauté chicken onion and garlic in oil until chicken is done.
Step 2. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Step 3. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.
A few Tips for this White Chicken Chili:
Wanna make it a little fancy – Garnish it with your favorite toppings – like tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Then it’s as pretty as it is mouthwatering.
Short Cut Tip – you can use rotisserie chicken . If you do it still tastes great, but the pan drippings when cooking the chicken add depth to the color of the soup and enrich the flavor a little more. It’s still delish if you want to use that shortcut.
Thank’s Di for sharing this with us! Soulfully Made friends I know you will LOVE this as much as I adore my friend Di!
5 Fabulous Soup Recipes you Will Love
- Spanish Bean Soup
- Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Instant Pot Black-Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
(click stars to rate)
White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into cubes)
- 1 onion, medium, chopped, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil, I use olive oil
- 2 cans 15 1/2 ounce great northern beans
- 2 cans 4 ounce chopped green chilies, (I use only 1 can to cut the heat a little)
- 1 c an chicken broth, or 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper, I use ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken onion and garlic in oil until chicken is done.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.