When you want a change from a traditional Chili, this White Chicken Chili perfectly blends the delicious flavors of chunks of chicken, white beans, savory spices and has just a little kick to make your taste buds say WOW!
This is my dear friend Di’s white chicken chili recipe. I can remember the first time I had this. It was so flavorful and delicious, I just had to have the recipe. Thank goodness, just like best girlfriends share secrets, Di also shared this wonderful recipe with me!!!! Shared recipes are the best recipes!
Do you love to swap recipes as much as I do?
Head on over to our Facebook Group and share with us your favorite recipe or what you are cooking today!
Come on over and Join Us and Let’s Be Social Ya’ll!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
This is a recipe that you can get on your table quick and everyone will never know this one wasn’t simmering all day long! It’s a good one y’all! A great meal all in one bowl ready in 40 minutes!
What you will need to make this WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into cubes)
- chopped onion
- minced garlic
- vegetable or olive oil
- great northern beans
- chopped green chilies
- chicken broth
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- white pepper, black will work if you don’t have it
- cayenne pepper
- sour cream
- whipping cream
Easy Steps to making a delicious and easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Step 1. In a large saucepan, sauté chicken onion and garlic in oil until chicken is done.
Step 2. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Step 3. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.
A few Tips for this White Chicken Chili:
Wanna make it a little fancy – Garnish it with your favorite toppings – like tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Then it’s as pretty as it is mouthwatering.
Short Cut Tip – you can use rotisserie chicken . If you do it still tastes great, but the pan drippings when cooking the chicken add depth to the color of the soup and enrich the flavor a little more. It’s still delish if you want to use that shortcut.
Thank’s Di for sharing this with us! Soulfully Made friends I know you will LOVE this as much as I adore my friend Di!
5 Fabulous Soup Recipes you Will Love
- Spanish Bean Soup
- Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Instant Pot Black-Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into cubes)
- 1 onion, medium, chopped chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil I use olive oil
- 2 cans 15 1/2 ounce great northern beans
- 2 cans 4 ounce chopped green chilies (I use only 1 can to cut the heat a little)
- 1 c an chicken broth or 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper I use ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken onion and garlic in oil until chicken is done.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately