Who out there loves to entertain as much as I do?? It doesn’t have to be difficult to be delicious! These Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites are the proof in the pudding…. or in the small bites I should say!
There’s just something about gathering your friends and family together that really makes my soul very happy! Having a full house and full bellies are what Southern Hospitality means!! Look it up in the dictionary, I am sure that is what it says!
Speaking of Hospitality. Today I am teaming up with wonderful Tastemakers to bring you Sunday Supper Small Bite Recipes for Entertaining! Grab a bite of what’s on our Sunday Table – AMAZING!
Sometimes entertaining may happen at the spur of the moment. Like you’re chatting with friends and everyone says lets get together tonight. What to bring?? Well, I volunteer for appetizers, because this one is EASY and DELISH!
I was in Publix (my favorite and local grocery store) last week and Boar’s Head was sampling two of their products. Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Chicken Sausage! They were serving it on a pita bread. Well, that got my wheels to spinning. I picked up some multi grain naan, because it’s so delicious, and deli cheese. I had a jar of fig preserves in my cupboard that was calling “Put ME on that Small Bite”.
AND when Figs talk to you, you just better listen! Don’t you know this was divine intervention, you just wait! YUM!
Whether you are planning ahead or last minute this Easy Small Bite really embodies that perfect bite of smokey bacon in the juiciest chicken sausage, the creamy mozzarella cheese (oh do I really need to say anymore it has cheese on it – so THEREFORE it is fabulous – I am pretty sure that it in the good book somewhere), to the sweet fig preserves. Bake it all up ya’ll and you will be so glad you did.
First pan fry the sausage on med high for 5 to 7 minutes. I like to cut them in half to get some of that scrumptious browning on both sides. Once done slice lengthwise.
Slice Naan into bite size pieces and brush with olive oil. Then stack on Sausage, triangle cut slice of cheese and a spoonful of fig preserves!
Bake on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes at 375°. I like to finish under the broiler for 1 minute! Just keep an eye out! Every oven is different and you don’t want to burn this deliciousness.
So let them cool a second if you can keep your hands off and put them on a pretty tray! Warm up the preserves a touch and serve if desired!
- 1 package Uncured Bacon Chicken Sausage (I used Boars Head Brand)
- 1 package Multi Grain Naan Bread
- 6 slices Muenster Cheese
- 1 jar Fig Preserves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Slice chicken sausage lengthwise and pan fry on med high heat until cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. When done slice into smaller pieces. I get about 6 out of each sausage.
Slice naan into bite size pieces and brush with olive olive oil. Cut each slice of cheese into four slices. Stack one slice of sausage and cheese on each Naan Bite. Put a spoonful of fig preserves on top.
Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Put under broiler, if desired for 1 minutes, keeping an eye out so not to burn.
Pin this one for later!
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.