St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Chow. It’s puppy chow Leprechaun style! Candy melts, peanut butter, and powered sugar tossed with fun green candies and shamrock marshmallows.
This super festive and so delicious treat is fun for the whole family! Puppy (Lucky Chow), aka muddy buddies, is the kind of snack you just want to keep diving in for more. I warned you this stuff is addictive!
Searching for Shamrocks
As I prepared to make this all green treat, I headed out to my local market on the hunt for the St. Paddy’s Day Lucky Charm’s cereal. My goal to score all those lucky green shamrock marshmallows in on box of cereal. Nope, NOT a one in the store. I don’t know if they didn’t make it this year or what!
So guess what I got to do? Yup, pick all the shamrock ones out of the cereal box! I just pretended I was hunting for some buried treasure in the midst of all those rainbows in there. Do ya think I found my pot of gold??? I’m not tellin’!
Sham-rocking Lucky Chow Ingredients
- Chex Rice Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Green Candy Melts
- Powdered Sugar
- Fun Toppings – Green M&M’s, Wilton Shamrock Sprinkles, & Lucky Charm Shamrocks
Even Leprechauns can make this St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Chow
It’s as easy as it is tasty too! Have the kiddo’s jump in and help you make this one! (No I am not calling the kids leprechauns)
Make sure you read all the way through for 20 + St. Paddy’s Day Recipes
Here’s how to make Lucky Chow
- In the microwave melt candy melts, peanut butter and oil for 30 seconds on high. Stir, if needed microwave another 15 seconds and the mix until melted. Pour in Chex cereal.
- Place mixture in a gallon size zip lock bag and pour in powdered sugar and shake until coated.
- Pour out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper until set. Then mix in candies and marshamallows.
- This is such a fun treat and you can be creative, use whatever types of candies or toppings you like.
St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Chow
This is the perfect snack for the little bit (or lot) of Irish in all of us!
St. Patrick's Day Lucky Chow
- 4 cups Chex Rice Cereal
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
Fun Candy Toppings
- 1/4 cup M&M's
- 1/4 cup Shamrock Sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Shamrock Marshmallows (Out of Lucky Charms Cereal)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 1 cup Green Candy Melts, peanut butter and vegetable or canola oil. Microwave on on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir and cook in 15 second intervals until smooth. Pour Cereal into bowl and mix until well coated.
- Open gallon size zip lock bag and pour in cereal mixture. Seal bag, add in powdered sugar, and shake until well coated.
- Pour coated cereal onto parchment or wax paper and allow to set. Pour on M&M's, Shamrock sprinkles, and shamrock marshmallows and stir.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Love Southern Inspired Recipes Come Follow along!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
20 Plus St Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Chocolate Guinness Cake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Irish Cream Truffles from The Freshman Cook
- Celtic Knot Rolls from Cooking With Carlee
- Colcannon from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Colcannon with Kale from Simple and Savory
- Corned Beef and Cabbage from Tip Garden
- Double Chocolate Fudge for St. Patrick’s Day from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fisherman’s Pie from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle from All That’s Jas
- Irish Cheddar & Dried Cherry Soda Bread from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Irish Potato Leek Soup from House of Nash Eats
- Irish Pub Salad from Cookaholic Wife
- Irish Soda Bread Muffins from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Irish Soda Bread Scones from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Leprechaun Bait from Palatable Pastime
- Pretzel Shamrocks from Family Around the Table
- St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Chow from Soulfully Made