This classic Shrimp Salad Sandwich is packed full of delicious shrimp! It’s fresh, creamy, with a bite of crunchy celery, and finished off with Old Bay Spice. Perfectly nestled between your favorite crusty bread! Takes me back the summers of my childhood.
I can remember my mom making me a Shrimp Salad Sandwich and I being so excited to eat it! It was a favorite of mine growing up. We did not have them often, so they were always a treat! Mom grew up in Baltimore and all seafood was cooked in Old Bay Seasoning. Thus Shrimp Salad for me Old Bay is a requirement.
I am a bit of a purist when it comes to Shrimp Salad or maybe just I am making it like my mom did. I don’t load it up with a lot of ingredients. Just simple and straightforward.
One thing about eating this, it takes me back to summers at my grandparents in Baltimore. Days spent at the Inner Harbor, tours on boats, going to the aquarium and then lunch at Phillip’s Seafood. Or going to the VFW with them for crabs, shrimp, music, and dancing!
Oh to be able to have those times again with my grandparents! But one thing is for sure when I bite into this those memories just come flooding back! I bet there are foods that do that for you! I would love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments what are your favorite memories with your grandparents. Do they involve a dish or maybe a restaurant visit?
READY to make this one? It’s easy to make, you know how I love easy recipes! I get my shrimp for my supermarket seafood counter already prepared. I usually have to pull the shells off the tails. But hey I gotta work a little. Then cut them in half if you want. Whatever way you like them. Mix everything together and it’s ready to eat!
Now you just have to decide on your favorite bread or you can skip the bread! This is also great on a bed of lettuce with some sliced tomatoes! Today I choose sourdough – perfectly toasted sourdough! YUM!
Just look at these beautiful shrimp! Enjoy!
Do you love delicious food as much as I do? If so I’d love for you to join along each week CLICK HERE and start receiving the Soulfully Made Newsletter! I promise I won’t overload your inbox! No more than once a week! Unless you want to get updates with each post, you know you can choose!
- 1 lb Large Shrimp cooked, deveined, & shells removed
- ¼ Cup Mayo
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut shrimp in half, if desired
- Mix in mayo, celery, lemon juice, old bay, white pepper, onion powder and Worcestershire together.
- Serve on your favorite bread with you lettuce, tomatoes and your other favorite toppings or on a bed of lettuce.
25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes
- Chili-Lime Scallops by Girl Abroad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp by Simple and Savory
- Coconut Mahi Kale Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Crab Cake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Salmon Sliders by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Orange and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Cioppino by Monica’s Table
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp by Flour On My Face
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Cod by From the Bookshelf
- Salmon Honey-Lemon Teriyaki by Asian In America
- Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Seafood Laksa by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sheet Pan Salmon by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Crazed Mom
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet and Sour Salmon by Cricket’s Confections
- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.