This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you really want to steal Christmas this year, try serving up a batch of these crunchy and chocolatey fun Grinch Pretzel Bites! They are holiday sweet treats everyone will love made of butter snap pretzels, Hershey’s hugs, Ghirardelli white chocolate chips, and red heart quins.
Christmas Grinch Pretzel Bites are not mean or hairy or smelly; they are kinda… sweet! Indeed, they are sweet, crunchy, and salty—the perfect combination of goodness.
These adorable Christmas pretzels are so much fun to make this time of year and take to a holiday party or gathering. But you just may want to make them at home with the kiddos as you watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas or your favorite Christmas Movies for a fun addition to the holiday festivities.
They make cute party favors, too, or small gifts. Just put a handful of the Chocolate Pretzel Treats in a Ziplock bag or a mason jar and tie them up with a bow!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- The Grinch- The Grinch means Christmas. Am I right? And these easy-treat crunchy pretzels are the perfect green color.
- Savory & Sweet- The sweet chocolate and salty pretzels satisfy all the holiday cravings in the room.
- Quick & Easy Family Treat- What could be better than a Grinch treat you make while you watch the movie?
And what’s not to love about this sweet and salty snack? Seriously, if you do not love these fun Christmas Grinch pretzels, your heart may be 2 sizes too small!
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make White Chocolate Grinch Pretzel Bites
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
What are you doing today? No time to wallow in self-pity… get your Grinch on and make some yummy Christmas treats!
Step 1 | Prepare the Ingredients
Preheat your oven while you get all the ingredients ready. Then line large cookie trays with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 2 | Begin Assembling
Start by laying out all 70 of the butter snap pretzels in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Make sure they have room between them so they do not stick together when the chocolates melt.
Then add a Chocolatey Hershey’s hug candy to each pretzel.
Step 3 | Bake in the Oven
Bake in the oven for about 2 minutes, until the chocolate candies just start to look shiny and begin to melt- but not all the way, or you will have a mess!
Once they are shiny, remove the pan from the oven and top each candy with another salty good butter snap pretzel.
“What is that stench? It’s fantastic!”
Move the candies to the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours so the chocolate hugs can harden up again.
Step 4 | Top the Pretzels
Once the candies have chilled and are all set, use a double boiler to slowly melt the white chocolate chips. Once the chips have melted and can be stirred nice and creamy, add several drops of green food coloring for that extra grumpy look. Stir well to combine until the color is throughout the creamy chocolate.
Almost done! Take each assembled pretzel candy, and dip a corner into the green melted chocolate, coating about half of the candy. Then return the pretzel bites to the baking sheet and place a red heart sprinkle right on the green chocolate before it hardens.
Once all the candies have been topped with green goo and a tiny heart, move them back to the refrigerator to set for about another hour.
Then pull them out and serve them on a platter- as you steal Christmas and their tiny hearts!
- If the chocolate is overcooked, it will get clumpy. You can add a teaspoon of canola oil, and it should come right back to the proper consistency.
- Love chocolate? The typical pretzel shape will not hold as much as these butter snap square pretzels do.
Glad you asked. Most grocery stores will have them near the holiday season and into Valentine’s Day. Then again, you can try Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, and Crafts or Michaels. They will all have them. When all else fails, head to the internet.
You sure can. In fact, you can make as many batches of these fun Christmas treats as you want. This recipe is simple to double or even half. The recipe card has a simple tool to help with this.
Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between each interval until completely melted. I find adding about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or coconut oil can help the consistency when using the microwave. Add green food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir.
I have not. But I have many friends that have. They are also delicious! Try it and let me know what you think.
What to Serve with Christmas Grinch Pretzel Bites
For more irresistible Christmas treats, don’t stop here. Try a few of these and blow them all away!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Storage: Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store at room temperature. No refrigeration is needed!
Freeze: I do not recommend freezing these treats. But who are we kidding; these fun Grinch treats won’t make it to the freezer!
Other Festive Treats to Try
(click stars to rate)
Grinch Pretzel Bites
- Half of a 12 oz. bag of butter snap pretzels(140 pretzels total)
- 70 Hershey hugs candies
- 3 cups white chocolate chips , (1 ½ (12 oz.) bags) -Ghirardelli are the best!
- neon green gel food coloring
- 70 large heart sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F degrees. Then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Lay 70 butter snap pretzels in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Add a Hersheys hug candy to each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven for about 2 minutes, until the candies just start to look shiny.
- Remove from the oven, and top each candy with another butter snap pretzel.
- Move the candies to the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours.
- Once the candies have set, use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate chips. Once they’ve melted, add several drops of green gel food coloring, and stir well to combine until the color is incorporated.
- Take each pretzel candy, and dip a corner into the green melted chocolate, coating about half of the candy.
- Return to the baking sheet, and place a heart sprinkle onto the candy.
- Once all of the candies have been coated, move them back to the refrigerator to set for about another hour.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.