Cast Iron Skillet Garlic & Parmesan Potatoes – Pull out that Cast Iron Skillet and Prepare for Deliciousness
Making Perfect Cast Iron Skillet Potatoes (say that fast) is so simple.
Two things are key – a cast iron skillet and leaving them alone the first ten minutes. That is it! Get that cast iron to a medium to medium high heat. Put in equal parts olive oil and butter. Cut your potatoes in half or to the bite size you like and place cut size down in the pan. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste, minced garlic and fresh parsley. Forget they are there for ten minutes.
Tip: I have found some roasted minced garlic in my produce section. LOVE it! But regular or fresh works just as well.
Watch them sizzle but DO NOT TOUCH!
Once they are perfectly browned after 10 minutes or so, turn them over. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Once they are fork tender you will have perfectly pan roasted greatness.
It really is that easy!! The flavor is AMAZING!!!
- 2 lbs Baby Potatoes, any variety
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsely
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated (plus more for garnish)
- Slice potatoes in half.
- Place butter and olive oil in cast iron skillet and heat to medium to medium-high heat. Put potatoes cut side down into skillet. Sprinkle minced garlic and parmesan over potatoes. Leave in to cook for 10 minutes. Do not touch.
- Turn over. Put lid on pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove and sprinkle on more Parmesan cheese (Freshly grated if possible) and garnish with parsley. Serve