Creamy Spicy Sausage Spaghetti Pasta - Quick and easy spaghetti recipe made with delicious spicy sausage! The creamy tomato-based sauce gets its rich flavor from hot crumbled sausage, green chiles, your favorite pasta sauce and is. It's sure to be your new favorite way to make spaghetti!
Everyone seems to have their favorite way to make sauce. In our house we like a little variety so that meals don't get boring. However, you will find this one on our table again and again. It's just that good y'all!
This recipe was given to me by my sister in love - aka "Aunt Peggy". We of course love to swap recipes and if you follow along, you may see her over in our Soulfully Made Recipe Sharing & Foodie Friends Facebook Group sharing a few of her favorite recipes too!
One of the things so wonderful about this one is it's extremely quick and easy to make. You can get dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! It is also packed with lots of flavor AND it is a cinch to change up the heat level in the dish according to your family's liking.
We sure aim to please around here! Smiling faces and happy bellies are what we are shooting for!
Ingredients Needed to make spicy sausage Spaghetti
- hot bulk sausage
- canned green chiles
- spaghetti or pasta sauce
- heavy cream
- spaghetti noodles
How to Make Sausage Spaghetti Pasta with a Creamy Tomato Sauce
- In a large skillet or saucepan crumble and cook sausage. Drain on paper towels, if desired. (I usually do not)
- Next add green chiles, both jars of pasta sauce and one cup heavy cream. Let simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. If you are in a real pinch for time you don't have to do this, but letting it simmer a bit adds to the flavor.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions to al dente. Once done, drain water off noodles in a colander. (To keep this one pot - make noodles first in the pot you cook the other items in.)
- Pour cooked spaghetti noodles into sauce and mix until combined.
- Top with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
How to adjust the Heat level for Spicy Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
How to Add More Heat
- Keep the recipe as is and add in some red pepper flakes.
- You could also use a hot Italian Sausage for a variation that will add more oregano and basil tones to the dish.
How to lessen the heat factor
- To slightly lessen heat, only add one can of chiles.
- For a milder taste do not add any green chiles.
- If you want no heat at all omit the green chiles and use regular bulk sausage or mild italian sausage.
Always do what is best for your family's tastes. The cream tones down some of the heat in this dish and when I am serving to company with kids I have found 1 can of chilis with the recipe as is works perfectly.
If you love easy weeknight meals, you will also love these delicious dinner recipes
- Oven Fried Panko Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Skillet Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
More Main Dish Ideas
LOVE SOUTHERN INSPIRED DISHES COME FOLLOW ALONG!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
If you loved this recipe please make sure to give it 5 Stars!