Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus & Crab Sauce will make you dance until the Cows come home ya’ll! They are made with delicious MILK that packs this dish full of creamy goodness! Just in time for June Dairy Month!
*This post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Moo-ve over cereal, Milk is NOT just for your breakfast bowl anymore.
About these GRITS (and they aren’t just for breakfast either), I love to use them for dinner time meals. And when I make them, I always add MILK and Cheese – it’s a family requirement, meaning my kids won’t eat it any other way! Yes, I know they are spoiled. But once you taste them you will see why.
If you have been to my blog before, you know how much I love cheese, but I love cooking with MILK just as much! There’s just so much you can make with MILK! I don’t know about ya’ll, but I use milk in my daily cooking and in so many dishes from breakfast, to dinner, and in countless desserts too, like my Creamy Banana Pudding Cheesecake Parfaits! It’s all about the delicious CREAMY texture it adds – This is why I LOVE MILK just like I love cheese. If you would like some inspiration from the Florida Dairy Farmers Kitchen, head over here for more recipes.
Most of you also know, I am a Florida Girl and I love to use locally sourced ingredients made from the heart. Florida is home to more than 100 dairy farmers who, for generations, work each day to produce a fresh supply of wholesome, quality milk. It’s such a treasure to know there are hard working families that care so much about the quality they are sending into our homes straight from their farms.
Just click on the cute “Undeniably Dairy Cow” to meet these Florida Farming Families
These hardworking men and woman value and care for their community, land, and their cows. Can you believe 120 thousand dairy cows live in Florida and collectively produce over 270 million gallons of fresh milk each year? That’s a lot of MILK Ya’ll!! Head over to take a gander at the cutest cows you have ever seen – CLICK HERE To MEET THE COWS.
So, I can feel confident about serving these nutritionally rich dairy products to my family. These Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus & Crab Sauce are a decadent treat for a special family meal, but easy enough to make any night of the week. The creamy grits topped with the most delicious sweet crab and crunch asparagus, will have happy smiles on your family’s face!
Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus & Crab Sauce
- 1 cup Yellow Grits
- 4 cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 8 ounces Gouda Cheese, Shredded
- salt to taste
Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped in bite size pieces
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Garnish with Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bring chicken stock or broth to a rapid boil, Stir in grits with whisk and bring back to a boil. Cover and reduce to low and continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in Milk and Cheese and stir until combined. Taste, salt if desired
Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, stirring to combine. Pour in heavy cream and whisk to combine. Add in asparagus. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook until cream is reduced. About 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add crab meat, paprika and cayenne pepper. Simmer until heated through. Taste and season with salt if desired.
Follow along with FLORIDA DAIRY FARMERS on all these social channels!
See how we are celebrating June Dairy Month at Sunday Supper
Milk Recipes for Breakfast
- Crustless Spinach Quiche with Cheddar Cheese by Recipes Food & Cooking
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl by Love & Confections
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes by Girl Abroad
Milk Recipes for Lunch
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Savory Caprese Oatmeal Bowl by Go Epicurista
- Vegetarian Croque Monsieur by Helpful Homemade
Milk Recipes for Dinner
- Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Milk Poached Chicken with Pesto by Cricket’s Confections
- Potato Stack by Healing Tomato
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta by Authentically Candace
Milk Recipes for Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Coconut Flan by Desserts Required
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Casa de Crews
- Mini Boston Cream Cakes by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
In honor of June Dairy Month Florida Dairy Farmers have a Undeniably Great Contest for you!
Contest sponsor: Florida Dairy Farmers
Contest dates: Contest runs from June 1st at 12:01am through June 30th at 11:59pm (1 winner each week & 1 grand prize winner)
- To Enter:
- Follow @floridamilk on Instagram
- Share a photo on Instagram during the month of June showing us what you make with milk for June Dairy Month
- Tag the photo @floridamilk and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth
Prizes: Each contest week runs from 12:01am – 11:59pm
- Week 1: June 1st-June 7th prize Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Week 2: June 8th-June 14th prize $50 Publix Gift Card
- Week 3: June 15th-June 21st prize Vintage Milk Truck Cookie Jar
- Week 4: June 22nd-June 28th prize BBQ Set in Wooden Carrying Case
Grand Prize: All valid entries from June 1st – June 30th considered
- A year supply of milk ($275 value)
- A night for 4 at the Publix Apron Cooking School
- Florida Dairy Farmers gift basket
Winner notification & other rules:
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random each week and contacted via Instagram direct message. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize or another winner will be chosen.
- Winner(s) will also be announced in the Sunday Supper Movement Newsletter in July
- Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram