S'mores cereal bars are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that brings the classic campfire treat to your kitchen. Made with crispy Golden Grahams cereal, melted marshmallows, and chocolate chips, these bars offer a chewy and satisfying texture that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Convenient: A great way to enjoy the classic campfire treat without the need for a fire or roasting sticks.
- Versatile: These bars can be enjoyed as a quick breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even as a dessert.
- Simple S'mores: They are easy to make and require only a few ingredients, making them a great option for busy individuals or those who don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
The combination of flavors and textures in s'mores cereal bars make them a perfect treat for any occasion, from a quick breakfast on the go to a late-night dessert.
I don't know about you but so many foods are packed full of memories. For me, these s'mores cereal bars evoke a sense of nostalgia. One bite and bring on childhood memories spent around the campfire with friends and family.
The delicious taste, convenience, and nostalgia factor are all reasons why you are sure to love s'mores cereal bars.
Whether you're a fan of s'mores or just looking for a fun and tasty snack, these cereal bars will indeed become a new favorite.
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make S'Mores Cereal Bars
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Make Marshmallow Mixture
Melt the butter in a large pot, large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-low heat. Once the butter has completely melted and begins to bubble, add the miniature marshmallows, and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until they are completely melted as well.
Step 2 | Stir in Golden Graham Cereal & Chocolate Chips
Turn off the heat and fold in the Golden Grahams, ensuring they are evenly coated in the gooey marshmallow mixture.
Add half of the chocolate chips and fold them in gently until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Step 3 | Press Cereal Mixture into Pan & Top with Remaining Chocolate Chips
Transfer the cereal mixture to a 9 x 13 inch glass dish (for thicker bars, use a 9 X 9 pan) and top it with the remaining chocolate chips.
Step 3 | Let Set and Enjoy
Allow the dish to chill in the fridge for about an hour, slice them into bars, and enjoy!
You can let these bars cool down on the counter as well, but it will take more time. I also found that letting them chill in the fridge makes them easier to cut. Letting them get a little cold allows you to get clean, crisp cuts.
- I like to use mini chocolate chips because I feel like you get a more even distribution of chocolate throughout the bars instead of getting clumps of chocolate with normal-sized chips.
- As an alternative to sprinkling the chocolate chips on top, you can melt down the chocolate and drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
- These bars are also great topped with a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers and mallow bits for added texture.
I use a 9 x 13 inch pan for these bars however, if you want them thicker you can use a 9 X 9 pan, or for thinner bars use a cookie sheet.
Yes, you can substitute unsalted butter for the salted butter in this recipe. You can omit the salt if you are watching salt intake or add in a pinch to the mixture if you don't have salted butter on hand. I like how the salt balances with the sweetness.
Yes, you can surely melt the marshmallow mixture in the microwave. However, I prefer the stovetop method and find it easier and just as quick to make.
Storage: Cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or store at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Freeze: Cut bars and layer a piece of parchment paper between the bars and place in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
What to Serve with S'mores Bars
This recipe is the perfect summer treat. You don't have to turn on the oven and heat up the house. In warmer months, I love lighter recipes. How about you?
Other Favorite Summer Treats
S'mores Cereal Bars
- ½ cup salted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows, (for extra gooey bars up to 6 cups)
- 6 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, pot, or dutch oven over medium low heat. Once the butter has completely melted and begins to bubble, add the marshmallows, and stir until they are completely melted as well.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the Golden Grahams, ensuring they are evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and fold them in gently until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan (9 x 13 inch dish). Then with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Allow the dish to chill in the fridge for about an hour, slice them into bars, and enjoy!
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.