The meaning of decadence is layered in these rich and creamy Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes. They have all the taste you love in a classic cheesecake with a graham cracker crust elevated by warm cinnamon caramel apple pie filling. And they are a single-serving mini apple cheesecake recipe, making them the perfect fall dessert for large and small parties, including your Thanksgiving dinner.
I really cannot say enough about these little dreamy mini caramel apple cheesecakes. They are an easy recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth with some store-bought ingredients and other portions made from scratch. You just must try them finished off with a fresh piping of whipped cream and an extra drizzle of caramel topping.
This time of year, I can't help but dream of cozy new desserts and all the holiday planning ahead. That is why I always try to create unique spins on classic favorite desserts. A tried-and-true recipe favorite is my Caramel Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cakes.
But don't stop at desserts, when fall flavor lovers adore Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites as a new appetizer to serve at a Thanksgiving gathering.
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Cozy Fall Flavors | The cinnamon and caramel make this apple recipe perfect for the fall season.
- Semi-Homemade | Half the work is done using premade crumbs and canned apple pie filling. The rest is creamy, dreamy homemade scrumptious.
- Cheesecake | The more ways to enjoy cheesecake, the better, in my opinion.
Layers of crust, elevated apple filling, and rich cheesecake form the multi-layers of this complex and easy-to-make apple cheesecake dessert. Then when you add a beautifully piped whipped cream topping and more caramel drizzle- you not only have a decadent dessert, but it makes a stunning presentation of golden delicious mini desserts!
Graham Cracker Crust
Apple Cheesecake Filling
- Cream Cheese: Room Temperature cream cheese mix with the other ingredients to form the cheesecake's deliciousness.
- Granulated Sugar: Regular sugar keeps the cake light and fluffy.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla adds flavor depth and brings out the other ingredients.
- Eggs: Eggs… well, the cheesecake would be flat without these babies!
- Apple Pie Filling: I use apple pie filling here to make this a quick recipe I can make any time.
- Caramel Sauce: Mixed with the apple pie filling, this caramel sauce brings that warm flavor to the apple mixture.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon mixed with the apple and caramel filling adds more fall warmth and really sets this recipe apart.
- Cool First - Don't rush the process by placing the cakes into the fridge before they are fully cooled to room temp. Give them ample cooling time on a wire rack; otherwise, they will sweat in the fridge, making the mini desserts soggy.
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cups
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Making the Simple Graham Cracker Crust
Start by heating the oven to temp and ready your muffin pan. Line the tin with cupcake liners or spray each muffin cup with cooking spray. No cooking spray? That is okay; use shortening or butter to grease each muffin cup. Then set the tin aside and get ready to make the creamy cheesecake.
Next, take out a small mixing bowl and mix the sugar and graham cracker crumbs until combined. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and add 10 seconds at a time, mixing until it is a fully melted golden elixir. Then pour the melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix until all the crumbs are moist.
Ready to form the crust? It couldn't be simpler. Take a heaping spoonful of the crumb mix and place it in each muffin cup. Press the crust into the bottom of the muffin liners with the back of a spoon, or use your fingers.
Bake the crusts for the recommended amount of time and remove them from the oven. Then you can reduce the heat in the oven to 300 degrees.
Step 2 | Start With the Apples
Now it is starting to get good… grab your medium mixing bowl and pour in the apple pie filling. Then use a sharp knife to cut all the apple pieces into fine chunks.
Add in the cinnamon and caramel sauce and stir the filling until mixed well.
Step 3 | Whip Up the Cheesecake Layer
Time for the next layer, the cheesecake! Take your stand mixer bowl or a large mixing bowl and your electric beaters and cream the softened cream cheese until it is that fluffy smooth consistency you want. Now, measure in the vanilla extract and sugar. Next, put the eggs in one at a time and beat until they are thoroughly combined and silky smooth.
Step 4 | Assemble the Mini Cheesecakes
When your crusts are cooked, the apple pie filling is ready, and the cheesecake batter is done, begin assembling the layers of fluffy good mini cheesecakes.
Place a spoonful of caramel apple filling over each golden crust. Then follow with the cream cheese mixture. You will want each cup to end up filled ¾ of the way full to allow for expansion. Otherwise, you will waste all that good cheesecake pie on the bottom of your oven.
Step 5 | Bake the Mini Cheesecakes
Place the cheesecake-filled muffin tin in the oven and cook as directed on the recipe card. Once they are cooked to perfection, remove them from the oven and cool them completely. Once they reach room temperature, place them in the refrigerator for three hours before you serve them.
- Whipped Cream – Maybe this is a given. Still, when you top these mini apple pie cheesecakes with a hearty serving of my Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe, they are so irresistible.
- Garnishes - Apple slices, caramel drizzle, fresh whipped topping, and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon make the cheesecake pies worthy of stopping for a minute to snap a photo.
- A Scoop- All desserts seem even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, right?
Frequently Asked Questions
Jiggle the pan a bit and see if the creamy filling looks like jelly. If only a tiny bit in the center wiggles, the size of a quarter or so, the pie is done baking.
Yes, you can use the same layers in a traditional cheesecake pan. Just follow the cooking instructions in this Classic Cheesecake Recipe.
Cool the cakes for 30 minutes, and then use a knife to loosen the edges. But if you use paper liners, they will be much easier to remove!
Variations and Substitutions:
Storage and Reheating
Cover your cakes with foil or plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container to store in the refrigerator. They won't last long, in any case.
If you would like to make these delicious treats ahead of time and place them in the freezer, you can freeze them after they are at room temperature. Then top them before serving.
Other Good Apple Desserts
Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Apple Cheesecake Filling
- 2 packages 8 ounce cream cheese blocks, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can apple pie filling, (20 -21 ounce can)
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place liners in a muffin pan or grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar for the crust. Pour in butter and mix well.
- Press a spoonful of the crumbs into the bottom of each muffin liner. Bake for 5 minutes and set aside. Turn the oven down to 300°F after baking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, chop the apple pie filling into finer pieces using a knife. Add in cinnamon and caramel sauce, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with electric beaters, cream the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add in vanilla, sugar, and eggs (one at a time) and beat until combined.
- Once the graham cracker crusts are finished baking, add a layer of apple pie filling to each cup. Then fill to about ¾ full with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 300°F degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator for three hours before serving.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.