Learn how to make delicious Instant Pot Green Beans. Fresh green beans perfectly seasoned, made quick and easy in the pressure cooker each and every time.
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Green beans are one of those side dishes that can be served with anything!
Like most Southerners I used to cook my beans to death, well not really, but I do remember days of canned beans in a pot on the stove for three hours. Boy have times changed for me!
Don’t get me wrong I still love Instant Pot Southern Style Green Beans with Bacon (these are not mushy by any means, just packed full of flavor), but there are times I also like them crunchy or steamed! This particular recipe makes these are about middle of the road. They still have a little crunch, but they are soft enough too.
Below you will find cooking times for perfectly steamed beans to crisp with a touch of softness. And what is wonderful about making them in the Instant Pot is they are done in minutes and have a wonderful texture. Simple, Perfect, and EASY!
Don’t have an IP – No worries! Check Recipe for stove top cooking instructions below!
How to Cook Instant Pot Green Beans (Pressure Cooker Green Beans)
- Wash green beans and drain.
- Snap or trim the ends off of the fresh green beans.
- Pour water into inner pan of Instant Pot.
- Place green beans in a steaming basket or directly into inner pot of pressure cooker.
- Add in the butter, garlic, salt and pepper or desired seasonings.
- Place lid on pressure cooker in locked position and make sure vent is in the sealed position.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK GREEN BEANS in INSTANT POT?
- Firm Crunchy Texture – Low Pressure 0 Minutes (Beans will steam while coming up to pressure)
- For a little Softer Bean but still Firm – Low Pressure 2 minutes
- For Soft Bean but not mushy – Low Pressure 5 Minutes
- If using a steamer insert remove, place in serving bowl.
- When not using an insert, remove with tongs, place in serving bowl and serve.
A Few Reasons Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cookers are so Fabulous!
- When you forget to lay something out for dinner! It’s okay you can cook it really fast in this!
- It just tenderizes meat like nothing else! Try these BEEF TIPS – OM Goodness they are the bomb!
- It makes the Creamiest Mac N Cheese in minutes!!
- And Beans – Yummiest Beans in a fraction of the time! These Charro Beans are one example!
- Rice Oh Glorious Rice – This Mexican Rice really does make your maracas shake ;)!
- You can cook the Juiciest Turkey Breast that melts in your mouth!
- Soups are done in warp speed – Black-Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup!
Just a few reasons to love the IP!
A few things you may need for this recipe
PIN THIS – INSTANT POT GARLIC BUTTER GREEN BEANS – FOR LATER!
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES
Perfect Instant Pot Green Beans
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
- Pour water into 6 quart Instant Pot. Add in green beans, garlic, butter and salt & pepper to taste.
- Place lid on IP to lock position and make sure valve is set to sealed position.
- Firm Crunchy Texture - Low Pressure 0 Minutes (Beans will steam while coming up to pressure)For a little Softer Bean but still Firm - Low Pressure 2 minutesFor Soft Bean but not mushy - Low Pressure 5 Minutes
- Once time has elapsed, Manual Release or Quick Release (Carefully open the seal valve with a wooden spoon or tongs).
- If using a steamer insert remove, place in serving bowl. When not using an insert, remove with tongs or slotted spoon and serve.
Stove Top Instructions
- Pour water into medium size pot. Add in green beans, garlic, butter and salt & pepper to taste. Give them a stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve.