Individual serving Mini BBQ Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf Recipe – smoky barbecue glazed meatloaves packed full of cheesy bacon deliciousness. Made in half the time and perfect for a meal any day of the week.
Weeknight meals can often be a challenge. Trying to keep things fresh and new, while keeping them quick, easy, and most of all really delicious can be difficult to pull off week after week.
Meatloaves are easy to put together but may take too much time after a long day. But it doesn’t have to take an hour to cook if you make them individual sized or “mini”.
These bite sized BBQ Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves are really packed with flavor and are a nice change up from the typical ketchup based version. Making for a Sunday style dinner any night of the week!
However, if you’re looking for a typical style meatloaf, this Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes can be made in a cinch too!
What typically goes in a meatloaf?
A traditional meatloaf recipe has ground beef, some kind of filler like bread crumbs or crackers, some spices, egg, and a meatloaf sauce or topping. The ingredients can vary, but the base is usually the same, a mixture of meat and seasonings, shaped into a loaf. In this case the loaves are just miniature!
What INGREDIENTS make the Mini BBQ Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf so Tasty?
- Using Chili Sauce instead of ketchup gives them a little extra zing.
- Just the right amount of seasoning and a touch of Worcestershire and Yellow Mustard make this delish.
- Panko bread crumbs add extra crunch factor.
- Using your favorite BBQ lends to just the right taste for you and your family! This is our favorite store bought BBQ Sauce!
- And must we not forget the Bacon and Cheddar. I think they speak for themselves, but life is just better with both of these! (in my humble opinion)
- Creating a mini version allows you to cook in half the time!
How do you Keep a meatloaf moist?
Don’t over mix: The trick to moist meatloaf is not over mixing it when you are making it. You want to just combine the ingredients, if you work it too much it will become tough.
Don’t over cook: Overcooking can make the meatloaf dry out and taste like you are chewing on cardboard.
Don’t over fill: Too much bread crumb filling can make the center too doughy and dry.
Pro Tip: If you add too many breadcrumbs and started mixing just add in a little buttermilk or milk to help add moisture back in.
What are the perfect Sides to go with Meatloaf
- Southern Style Baby Lima Beans
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Creamy Mac and Cheese or Baked Mac and Cheese
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Black Eyed Peas
- Columbia’s 1905 Salad
Although you can never go wrong feeding your family what they love, here are a few great sides your family is sure to love with this Mini BBQ Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf!
LOVE SOUTHERN INSPIRED RECIPES COME FOLLOW ALONG!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 4 slices thick bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or cheddar blend cheese
- 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup prepared BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook and crumble bacon.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all meatloaf ingredients except the BBQ sauce.
- Divide the mixture into 8 round loaves. Press a small depression into the middle of the meatloaves.
- Brush BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaves.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn on broiler and brown the BBQ sauce for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a very small portion from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. Thank you for helping me bring you more great content!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 202mg Sodium: 1287mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Protein: 49g