American Flag Layered Dip – a Mexican dip with layers of refried beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, guacamole, salsa topped with cheese, tomatoes and black olives. Perfect for summer patriotic festivities with family and friends.
July 4th Celebrations are not complete unless family and friends are gathered celebrating around the table. Now usually, for my family, that table is on the pool lanai as we splash around most of the day. This year we are starting the celebrations with this American Flag Layered Dip and blue tortilla chips. Our table is usually filled with festive food, like this Patriotic Cucumber Salad and Red, White and Blue drinks and dishes galore.
What is on your table? Do you do all the cooking or is it a potluck celebration?
We are truly blessed to live in the USA and we always celebrate while remembering all those who have served and sacrificed so we can live in this free country! It’s such an honor to be with my family on this day, being surrounded by loved ones.
My daughter will be home from college for the week. There is no greater happiness than when my kids and family are all together! Feels like my world is complete again with everyone in the nest!
How do you and your family celebrate our great Nation’s Independence?? Stop by and share your celebrations in the comments or over on our Facebook group. We’d love to see what you and your family are up to!
How to make American Flag Layered Dip
Layer One – Spread one can of refried beans on the bottom of a 9 X 13 Dish
Layer 3 – Mix the Sour Cream and Taco Mix in a bowl and then spread on top of beans.
Layer 4 – Salsa – See that sweet hand in the back. My son helping me!! Proud mom. I love him!
Layer 5 – Black Olive or Black Beans. I put them in the corner for this one. When I make a regular one they get sprinkled on top.
Layer 6 & 7 – White Cheddar Cheese and Chopped Tomatoes
Our table is decked out in Red, White and Blue and we are going to dig into this dip with glad hearts and happy bellies!
Enjoy your day with family and friends and be sure to check out what my #SundaySupper Foodie Friends are creating! You are sure to find something to fill you table for your 4th of July Celebration!
Pin American Flag Layered Dip for Later
Other Recipes you may enjoy on the 4th or at any BBQ!
American Flag Layered Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 ounces guacamole
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jar black olives, chopped
- In a 9 x 13 dish layer refried beans on the bottom, spread guacamole on top of beans. In a bowl mix sour cream and taco seasoning, spread on top of guacamole. Pour on salsa. In top left corner place olives for the blue part of the flag. Then alternate lines of chopped tomatoes and cheese to form the stripes.
Love Southern Inspired Recipes Come Follow along!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Red, White, and Blue Sunday Supper Recipes
Patriotic Picnic Picks
- American Flag Layered Dip by Soulfully Made
- Baked Blueberry Pancake with Cherry Syrup by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Boozy Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit by Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
- Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Red White and Blueberry Dinner Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Red, White and Blue Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bleu Cheese Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Patriotic Low Carb Vanilla Mousse in the Instant Pot by My Life Cookbook
- Red White & Blue Bundt Cake by Restless Chipotle
- Red White and Blue Banana Ice Cream by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Red, White and Blue Broken Glass Jell-o by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Rollitos de Vino Blanco by What Smells So Good?
- Rose Petal Jam Filled Blueberry Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Star Spangled Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Panna Cotta by Tara’s Multicultural Table
More recipes: 20+ Red White and Blue Recipes That will Make You Want to Party Right Now
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.