Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes are the perfect side for any occasion!
I can’t think of a more perfect thing to eat than these Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes. They are full of cream and cheese. What more could you ask for in a perfect world?
Since I have an infinite love for cheese, what more could you expect. This is why I adore these potatoes! And coming in second to cheese is cream! I mean you put the two together and it really is almost sinful! However, you will be singly a heavenly chorus when you eat these.
They are about one of the most delicious things created!! I mean REALLY! So don’t you think your family and friends deserves these in their life! Brilliant idea! I know. Go ahead and SPLURGE on this deliciousness! They go great with just about everything! Now in my book they have all the food groups covered. Potatoes – A vegetable, Cream – Calcium right? and Cheese – that covers the rest! Ha – because like I have mentioned once or twice they are best thing ever created.
Let’s put this greatness together!
First wash and peel the potatoes. You really could leave the peel on and they would be so yummy! But today, I felt like peeling so I did. Slice them in not too thick and not too thin slices. I know so this is such a scientific way to explain it. At least I am not baking here and leaving you in a disaster! Then cut them in quarter. Butta your baking dish and add in 1/3 of your potatoes.
In a bowl get your cream mixture ready!
Pour on 1/3 of cream mixture. Then do those layers again 2 more times! Now if you really want to get wild you could add some cheese into the layers and use all cream instead of milk and this would be extra rich and cheesy.
Now it is ready for the oven. 400° in a baking dish covered for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 40 more minutes.
Once it gets nice and slightly brown and perfect like this remove add your cheese on top.
Back into to oven to bake 5 – 7 or so more minutes! Until that cheese is perfection!
Now you are ready for a glorious bite of this cheesy goodness! Do you see that butter dripping off? Happiness! This dish is a real “indulgence” so just don’t even think calories when you take a bite! After all remember this one covers those food groups ;). Okay not really, but a girl can dream!
Ahh!! So good!
- 3 large russet potatoes peeled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- butter for baking dish about 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter an 8 inch or 2 quart baking dish..
- In a bowl mix together, cream, milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- Slice potatoes and then quarter.
- Put 1/3 potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Pour 1/3 cream mixture over the top. Repeat this 2 more times.
- Cover potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle on cheese and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Hungry for more? I’d love for you to join along each week CLICK HERE and start receiving the Soulfully Made Newsletter! I promise I won’t overload your inbox! Unless you want to get updates with each post, you know you can choose!