Red, White, and Blueberry Cream Pie is a taste delight to include on your American holiday table. It is the perfect patriotic pie for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, and any ole' summertime picnic.
No matter your favorite summer holiday, this berry cream pie recipe is creamy no-bake cheesecake with a golden brown graham cracker crust, topped with fresh whipped cream and succulent summer berries.
And who doesn't love an all-American celebration with red, white, and blue decoration and sparklers! Other amazingly patriotic desserts might include No-Bake Fireworks Oreo Cheesecake Bars or if you have never made a classic poke cake, try my Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake. Then again, you can't go wrong with a Red, White, and Blue Brownie Sundae or a beautiful Patriotic Chantilly Sheet Cake. They are all so good, try a different one each holiday!
Independence Day wouldn't be complete without a patriotic dessert of some sort. This Patriotic Berry Cream Pie is so delicious, light, refreshingly cold, and tangy! You can help but love it!
Why you’ll love this Patriotic Pie Recipe!
- No-Bake Easy- It is a no-bake recipe that is super simple to make.
- Family Favorite- Cheesecake is a fav. around here, and this one takes it to a whole new level!
- Make it a Flag Design- Shape the berries to resemble the American flag on top and go all out!
Seriously, cheesecakes take a while to cook and cool. But this recipe is done and ready for the refrigerator in no time. And I would be remiss if I failed to mention that this red, white, and blue dessert is a cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh fruit. I mean, don't most people top their cheesecake with whipped topping and berries anyhow?
This recipe cuts out an entire step or two and gets all the dreamy good sweetness onto your plate even sooner. And it travels well if you are taking it with your to the fireworks celebration or a family gathering!
Instructions for Red, White, and Blueberry Cream Pie Recipe
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Melt the Chocolate
Melting the white chocolate is easy, but the chocolate can burn. So heat it in a small bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds, stir, then another 20 seconds until it is melted.
If you would rather, you can use the double boiler melting method. Simply boil a medium saucepan over high heat and remove it from the burner. Then place a medium or large bowl over the pan of water and stir the chocolate until it melts.
Then spread the creamy chocolate all over the prepared pie crust.
Meanwhile, wash, dry, and slice the fresh strawberries and place a layer on top of the white chocolate. See how yummy the layers of flavor are in this recipe!
Step 2 | Mix the No-Bake Cheesecake Pie Filling
Either get out a large mixing bowl or the bowl from your stand mixer and beat the softened cream cheese and add in the powdered sugar and cream together until they are smooth.
Then slowly add in the milk and mix until it is fully combined.
Step 3 | Add Pudding Mix
Now you can add in the box of powdered vanilla or cheesecake flavored dry pudding mix and mix that well until it is incorporated and becomes thick. This part takes about 2 minutes. And be sure to scrape the sides occasionally to get all the good pudding mix in there.
Then place spatulas full of the creamy filling mixture into the pie crust.
Step 4 | Top with a Little Whipped Cream
There is nothing like a whipped cream topping, in my opinion. And who are we kidding? If it was not on the pie, we would just add it.
So, skip the step and put a layer of homemade whipped cream or store-bought whipped topping into the filling in the pie crust, if you would prefer.
Prepare the remainder of the fresh strawberries, blueberries, and any berries you like to garnish the top of the pie.
I like to use a mixture for the patriotic holidays like blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries adding texture and that red, white, and blue color combo to the dish.
You can use just one type of berry or use blueberries and one other red berry on top in the shape of a flag.
Step 5 | Refrigerate
Now you can cover the pie loosely with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours to let the filling set up.
Note: Wait to add the berries until you are ready to serve.
- Keep the berries fresh longer by sprinkling a little fresh lemon juice or orange juice over the berries and lightly toss.
- If you are traveling with the pie, save the whipped topping in a plastic container or zippered bag and the berries in another. Then add them when you get there so it looks nice and freshly garnished.
- Ensure you get all the water off the berries by patting them dry with paper towels. That way you do not end up with a soggy topping.
- Double the recipe and make it in a 9x13 baking dish for Berry Cheesecake Bars!
Frequently Asked Questions
This should fit nicely into your pie shell. But if you happen to have extra filling when the pie crust is full, make another festive dessert like cheesecake parfait layered with fresh berries and topped with the cool whip mixture! -YUM!
No- like it is- this is not gluten-free. But you can use gluten-free cookies to make the crust, the rest of the ingredients are gf. And yes, Jello Instant Pudding Mix is a gluten-free product!
Substitutions and Variations:
You can make the Graham Cracker Crust ahead and freeze it for 2 months in advance to make the prep move a bit faster. Remove from the freezer and add filling and toppings and serve.
Or make the pie a day or two in advance and store it in the refrigerator. For freshest results add berries to the top the day of serving.
Cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
You can freeze this pie, however, I would recommend adding the topping and berries if possible when ready to serve. I have frozen the pie and thawed it to serve and it was still delicious.
What to serve at your Patriotic Party!
For your next patriotic party- fill the table full of festive and beautiful selections for your plate. Add a dish of American Flag Layered Dip and some blue tortilla chips and a salad like my Cucumber, Tomato, Feta & Olive Salad to the menu.
Grill up a hearty serving tray full of Easy Grilled Steak and Chicken Kabobs with a side of delicious Baked Macaroni and Cheese and you have an American meal that will bring out the patriotism in them all.
Then end off the party with this Red, White, and Blueberry Pie. You will be glad you did- and so will they! (Cue fireworks!)
More Berry Dessert Recipes to Enjoy!
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Red White and Blueberry Cream Pie
- 1 9-inch Pie Plate
- 1 Pie Server
- 1 9 inch Homemade Graham Cracker Crust, or store-bought
- 3 ounces white chocolate bar, melted
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3.3 ounce package white chocolate pudding, vanilla or cheesecake also work well
- 8 ounces homemade whipped cream , or frozen whipped topping - thawed
- 2 cups A ½ cup each of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and halved strawberries, or to taste
- Make homemade graham cracker crust in advance or purchase store-bought crust.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave save dish in 20-second intervals stirring after each interval until melted. Spread melted white chocolate over the bottom of the pie. Place sliced strawberries on top of melted chocolate.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Gradually add in milk and beat on low speed until combined. Pour in pudding mix and beat until creamy and thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Add homemade whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping and then blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries on top.
- Store in the refrigerator until chilled for at least 2 to 4 hours or overnight. You can wait to add berries until ready to serve if desired.
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Reply