Last summer we were vacationing in the big “O” town and ate at Wahlburgers. For dessert we shared this delicious Grilled Banana Fluffa Nutta! Well it was magical and I knew I had to make it at home! So that is what I did! It is AMAZING!!! Ya’ll, I changed it up just a bit and my Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese is born!
Since April is National Grilled Cheese Month and every grilled cheese has to have WELL – CHEESE!!!! I have added some cream cheese to the mix. The one at Wahlburgers had peanut butter and Nutella. My version omits the peanut butter but adds delightful cream cheese in with the Nutella for the most sinful dessert you will have in your life! But don’t feel too guilty it is after all a fruit! You know it contains bananas – SO you are GOOD!
This dreamy sandwich is so rich and divine (I know I called it sinful and divine – I can’t decide which it is), you may just want to share with someone. I must say we ordered one and passed it around the table each taking a bite. Then of course we had to order another- don’t judge there were lots of us! After we returned home from vacation, I just couldn’t get it off my mind. So in my kitchen this was created. My family thanked me with big smiles, let’s just say they weren’t sharing theirs in my house!
Mix together whipped cream cheese and Nutella. Slice your bananas length wise!
Grab your favorite bread! I used Texas Toast bread. (Its just a little thicker of a cut) Butter the outside, spread on one slice of bread the Nutella cream cheese mix. On the other piece of bread spread on the marshmallow fluff. Top one of them with the sliced bananas! I am leaving this up to you! I picked the Fluff side 🙂
Ok now magic is about to happen here! Get that skillet on medium to medium high heat. Throw in some BUTTA! Let it melt! Put one side in buttered side down then add other side on top butter side up! Grill until both sides golden brown and the inside are just good and melted!
I am so happy at this point! I just can’t stand it! Ya’ll, If you don’t like OOEY GOOEY then this is your WARNING TO LOOK AWAY!
Now I am ready for a bite!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It’s National Grilled Cheese month after all and it just can’t be celebrated without a dessert Grilled Cheese 😉
You also CANNOT celebrate without trying all the deliciousness that my Sunday Supper friends have grilled up! Check out all their wonderful creations below!
I’d love for you to join along each week CLICK HERE and start receiving the Soulfully Made Newsletter! I promise I won’t overload your inbox! No more than once a week! Unless you want to get updates with each post, you know you can choose!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 banana, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix Nutella and whipped cream cheese together until combined.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread On opposite side of one slice of bread spread Nutella and cream cheese mixture. On other slice of bread spread on marshmallow fluff. Add bananas to one side.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium to medium high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in bottom of pan.
- Place one side of sandwich in the pan butter side down and top with other side butter side up. Grill until each side is golden brown.
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Not Your Average ‘Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.