Craving something warm and comforting? Try this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas recipe for the ultimate comfort food experience. This dish is packed with tender chicken, gooey cheese, and spicy buffalo sauce, all wrapped up in a crispy tortilla. Perfect for a cozy night in or a casual get-together with friends, this recipe is sure to please.
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Simple Ingredients: All the ingredients are convenient and easy to find. You can use leftovers, grab convenient items from the store, or make homemade versions to fill your tortillas.
- Easy Recipe: This recipe comes together so quickly (less than 10 minutes) and only 4-5 minutes to cook each batch.
- Family Favorite: With the flavor overload, it's sure to be a family favorite at your house as it is at mine. It's even perfect for the pickiest of eaters!
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and tasty meal or snack that can be made in an air fryer. It's a really great quick lunch and one of our go-to meals for an easy weeknight dinner.
We also enjoy these for cheering on our favorite team on game days or for the perfect party appetizer!
No matter when you serve it, this cheesy buffalo chicken quesadilla will be one of your new favorite foods! Who can resist a simple recipe packed with gooey melted cheese?
Variations and Substitutions
There are many ways to customize the Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas recipe to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. Here are some variations and substitutions you can try:
How To Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Make the Chicken Mixture
In a large bowl, add the chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and ranch dressing. Mix until fully incorporated.
Step 2 | Assemble Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
Place ¼ cup of the chicken mixture on half of the tortilla.
Sprinkle each quesadilla evenly with ¼ cup of shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon of bleu cheese.
Step 3 | Air Fry Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Fold over and place the quesadillas in the air fryer.
Cook the quesadilla for 4 minutes at 350° F. Flip the quesadillas over and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until desired golden brown color and crispiness is achieved.
Cut each quesadilla in half, making 16 total triangles.
More Topping Ideas:
- Hot Sauce
- Shredded Lettuce
- Dairy: Sour Cream or Creme Fresh
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Pico de Gallo
- Onions: Green onions, red onion, or white onions all work well.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Don't overfill the tortillas: Be careful not to overstuff the tortillas with filling, as it can cause them to break or leak in the air fryer. Use about ¼ cup of filling for each tortilla, and spread it out evenly.
- Use a good quality buffalo sauce: The flavor of the buffalo sauce will make or break this dish, so choose a brand or recipe that you really enjoy. Taste-test the sauce before adding it to the chicken to make sure it's the right level of spiciness and tanginess.
- Preventing sticking: To prevent the quesadillas from sticking to the air fryer basket, spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray, and line it with parchment paper or an air fryer liner.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer can help the quesadillas cook evenly and become crispy. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the preheating time when necessary.
- Check the quesadillas often: Keep an eye on the quesadillas as they cook (especially the first time cooking them), and flip them over halfway through the cooking time to ensure that both sides are evenly browned and crispy. Each air fryer cooks slightly differently.
- Let the quesadillas cool before cutting: Give the quesadillas a few minutes to cool and set them before cutting them into wedges. This will prevent the cheese from oozing out and make them easier to handle.
- Use toothpicks: If you find the top opening up because of the circulation of the air you can insert a toothpick to hold it down.
Yes, you can make oven-baked buffalo chicken quesadillas. You can place the quesadillas on a baking sheet pan and bake them at 350°F for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Yes, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with olive, oil, butter, or oil of choice. Place the quesadilla in the pan. Allow to cook for 2 minutes and flip for 2 minutes on the other side- or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and repeat the process for all tortillas.
Yes, you can use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Just keep in mind that corn tortillas are more fragile and may not hold up as well in the air fryer.
You do not necessarily need oil for Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. However, using a small amount of oil or cooking spray can give them a crispier texture. Brush on avocado oil, butter, or even olive oil. If you decide to use oil or cooking spray, you don't need a lot- use it sparingly.
Storage, Freezing, and Make Ahead Instructions
Storage: Cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Prep all of your ingredients ahead of time and have them ready to assemble just before you are ready to serve.
Can I freeze the chicken buffalo quesadillas?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken and cheese quesadillas before you bake them and even after you bake them. Wrap each quesadilla in parchment paper. Then wrap them in aluminum foil and place them in a freezer ziplock back. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
To reheat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and crispy.
What to Serve with Quesdillas in the Air Fryer
Buffalo chicken quesadillas are a delicious and filling dish on their own, but if you're looking to serve them with some sides, here are some options:
- Salad: A fresh green salad is a great way to balance out the richness and spiciness of the quesadillas. Try a simple Caesar salad, a mixed greens salad with a citrus vinaigrette, or Creamy Cucumber & Tomato Salad.
- Guacamole and chips: Guacamole's cool and creamy texture complements the spicy and tangy flavors of the quesadillas. Serve with tortilla chips for a satisfying crunch.
- Salsa: Fresh salsa adds a bright and zesty flavor to the quesadillas. You can make your own salsa or use a store-bought variety.
- Rice and beans: A side of Mexican rice and charro beans or refried beans are classic accompaniments to Mexican-inspired dishes. Try a simple Spanish rice recipe and some black or pinto beans seasoned with cumin and garlic.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, or sweet potatoes, are a healthy and flavorful side dish that can add some extra nutrition to your meal.
- Corn on the cob: Grilled or roasted corn on the cob is a classic summer side dish that pairs well with the smoky and spicy flavors of the quesadillas. Corn Riblets would also go great with these on game day or as a party appetizer.
- The classic celery and carrots are always a great go-to side as well!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Stuffed Pizza Chicken Bake
- Shortcut Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Tenders from my friend over at Grits & Gouda
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Ranch Dressing for Dipping
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and ranch dressing. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Take one tortilla and place ¼ cup of the chicken mixture on half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle each quesadilla evenly with ¼ cup of shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon of bleu cheese.
- Fold over and place the quesadillas in the air fryer. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Cook the quesadilla for 4 minutes at 350°F. Flip the quesadillas over and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until desired golden brown color and crispiness is achieved.
- Cut each quesadilla in half, making 16 total triangles. Top with cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
These were so good! Really easy to make - they crisped up nicely in the air fryer, but were still so juicy and and delicious. We loved them!
I had no idea you could make quesadillas in the air fryer! Definitely going to buy one now, we love quesadillas! Bookmarking this recipe!
Dana S says
We DEVOURED these! What a fantastic way to make quesadillas. The crisp was perfect!
Dina and Bruce says
So freaking genius! The blue cheese crumbles! Yes please!
I love everything buffalo chicken, so these were fantastic! I left out the bleu cheese since I'm not a huge fan but there was still so much flavor. Thanks for the recipe!