This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a delectable 30-minute side dish that will elevate your meals? Look no further than Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! These oven-baked potatoes have a crispy golden exterior and a creamy, flavorful interior, making them an easy side dish perfect for any meal.
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Irresistible Texture: Crispy Parmesan roasted potatoes are perfectly crunchy on the outside while remaining tender and fluffy on the inside, creating a delicious balance of textures that’s simply addictive.
- Easy to Make: With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep work, these potatoes are a breeze to whip up, making them a go-to side dish or snack that satisfies our cravings for something delicious and comforting.
Social media made the Viral TikTok Parmesan Crusted Potatoes famous, but these oven-roasted potatoes have been a hit with my family for a while now!
It’s not just the incredible flavors that make these oven-baked delights a win with my family; it’s also the simplicity of the recipe. With busy schedules, we often look for easy-to-make yet satisfying dishes, and these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes fit the bill perfectly.
Whether you want a delicious dippable appetizer or snack or a side dish that pairs well with just about any meal, this perfect potato for one for all occasions.
Your search for the ultimate potato ends here! Grab the ingredients, and let’s get to cooking up something simply scrumptious!
Dipping Sauce Ingredients Notes
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and full recipe instructions!
Step 1 | Prepare Oven & Potatoes
Alright, let’s get these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes started! First, preheat your oven to 400° F and grab a 9×13 baking dish or baking sheet, lining it with parchment paper or a Silicone Silpat Mat for easy cleanup later.
Now, wash those potatoes, and cut them in half. Then, grab a pot and add the potatoes, making sure they’re covered with about an inch of water. Let them boil over high heat for 5-7 minutes until a fork can be inserted with just a little resistance.
Please note there is no need to add salt when parboiling the potatoes, as there is enough salt within the recipe and parmesan cheese.
Step 2 | Make Marinade Seasoning & Toss Potatoes
While those potatoes are boiling away, grab a large bowl and combine olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder for that tasty seasoning mix.
Once the potatoes are done parboiling, drain them and toss them in the bowl with the oil and seasoning mixture, making sure they’re fully coated. Yum!
Step 3 | Place on Baking Sheet with Parmesan Cheese
Now, sprinkle half a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese onto the baking sheet, and place each halved potato cut side down on the cheese. This is the secret to that delicious golden crust!
Step 4 | Bake Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Step 5 | While Baking, Make Dipping Sauce if Desired
While the potatoes are in the oven, let’s whip up that irresistible dipping sauce.
Mix together sour cream, sliced green onion, and dried dill weed in a small bowl. Once it’s all combined, pop it in the fridge until the potatoes are ready.
Step 6 | Remove from Oven, Garnish, & Serve
When the roasted potatoes are done, take them out of the oven, and if you want, give them an extra touch of flavor with a sprinkle of coarse salt and some fresh parsley.
Serve your Parmesan Roasted Potatoes with the dipping sauce on the side, and enjoy the fantastic flavors you’ve just created. It’s a surefire crowd-pleaser! Enjoy!
- Parboil Perfectly: Parboiling the potatoes is crucial for achieving that crispy exterior. Boil the halved potatoes until they are just fork-tender but still have a little resistance. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become mushy.
- Dry: After parboiling, drain the potatoes and let them dry. If needed, pat them dry with paper towels, as excess moisture can prevent them from getting crispy.
- Generously Coat with Oil: When tossing the parboiled potatoes in the seasoning mix, ensure they are fully coated with olive oil and spices. The oil helps crisp up the potatoes during roasting.
- Serve Hot and Fresh: Crispy potatoes are best enjoyed right out of the oven.
Yes and no, parboiling the potatoes before roasting will create a potato with a soft outside skin that will allow the seasonings to penetrate the potato. This process also is part of the cooking process so that they can be completed in the oven. While I love the results when parboiling, if you don’t want to parboil, you can bake them longer to soften the potatoes completely through- about 30 to 35 minutes.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast or a vegan cheese alternative. For the dipping sauce, use vegan sour cream or plant-based yogurt.
Ensure all the ingredients used are gluten-free, especially if using store-bought versions of spices, cheese, and sour cream. Then you will have gluten-free parmesan roasted potatoes.
In the Refrigerator: Store the leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Reheat: You can reheat the potatoes in the microwave. However, to keep them crispy, I recommend reheating them in the oven in a single layer on a baking sheet at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until warmed through. Or place them in the air fryer, layering a single layer in the basket and reheating for 2-3 minutes at 400°F.
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes?
- Roasted or Grilled Meats: Serve the Parmesan potatoes alongside roasted or grilled meats like chicken, steak, prime rib, ribs, or pork chops. The crispy potatoes complement the savory flavors of the meats perfectly.
- Burgers and Sandwiches: Consider serving the potatoes as a side dish with our stuffed bacon burgers, chicken quesadillas, or your favorite sandwiches.
- Brunch Items: If you’re serving them for brunch, they go well with omelets, breakfast casseroles, sausage gravy, or a breakfast skillet with eggs and vegetables.
- Vegetable: This goes delicious with southern green beans, air fryer green beans, corn
Other Potato Recipes
Looking for more delicious potato recipes? I make a crunchy skillet garlic potato version that is just as delicious too! Or give these other recipes a try:
- Easy Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins
- Cheesy Funeral Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Mimi’s Potato Chip Casserole
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes, (28-32 potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon parsley
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Wash the potatoes, then cut them in half.
- Take a pot and add the potatoes, covering them with about an inch of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat and parboil them for 5-7 minutes until a fork can be inserted with slight resistance.
- While the potatoes are boiling, combine olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Drain the parboiled potatoes and toss them in the bowl with the oil and seasoning mixture until fully coated.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Parmesan cheese (for each potato half) onto the baking sheet and place each halved potato cut side down on the cheese.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients (sour cream, sliced green onion, and dill weed) in a small bowl. Refrigerate the sauce until the potatoes are ready.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and parsley, if desired. Serve with the prepared dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.