This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delizioso, this Italian Artichoke Medley with Pasta is a healthy flavor-forward meal made all in one skillet with spinach, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. What’s more, the simple ingredients cook up so fast and easily but look like a gourmet meal!
Impress your family and friends with this Saporito Pasta with Artichokes and Spinach Recipe and your knowledge of Italian cooking words! (Saporito means flavorful)
Why not make it an entirely Italian night? Put on some Italian music, pop open a bottle of Italian white wine, and serve Zuppa Toscana Soup to start and a loaf of Italian Bread. Then end the Artichoke Pasta meal with some freshly baked Italian Ricotta Cookies for dessert.
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Fast & Easy: Prepare the meal ingredients ahead, then cook it up fast when ready to dig in!
- Make it Your Own: Add protein, choose your pasta, and more; make it how you love it!
- A heart-healthy dish: This meal is good for you, chock full of veggies!
Key Ingredient Notes
Variations and Substitutions
Optional Noodles or Pasta:
- Zucchini Noodles
- Bowtie Pasta
- Penne Pasta
- Gluten-Free Pasta
How To Make Pasta with Artichokes and Spinach
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Prep Ingredients
This recipe cooks really fast! So, I suggest you cook your choice of pasta ahead of time using the package directions. Then, cut and measure out all the ingredients, so they are ready to toss into a large nonstick skillet!
Step 2 | Sauté the Spices
Warm the skillet on medium-high heat, place in the olive oil, chopped garlic, dried Italian herbs, and red pepper flakes, and sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
Step 3| Add in the Veggies
Now it is time to add in the frozen artichoke hearts and stir gently and cook them until they are thawed and warm. Then stir in the pre-cut cherry tomatoes and stir those gently to avoid squishing them.
Next, add the fresh spinach, stirring gently to cook until all the leaves are nicely wilted.
Step 4 | Pour the Dressing Over
Pour your brand choice of Italian dressing all over the ingredients in the skillet and stir to combine. Then cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until warmed through.
Finally, remove the pan from the heat, scoop, and serve in a large bowl over your favorite pasta. Additionally, you can add in a protein at this point too! Chicken Pasta with Artichokes sounds yummy to me!
Below are some ideas for you to consider– Enjoy!
Optional Protein Add-ins:
Feel free to add any protein you love. This could also be served in a smaller portion alongside your favorite meat or protein like a perfectly seasoned chicken breast!
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp
- Precooked Chicken Sausage
- Precooked Meatballs
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls or Slices
- Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Feta Cheese crumbles
- If adding the pasta to this recipe, cook it first so it is ready to serve as soon as the rest is hot. And save some of the pasta water to add to the dish!
- Prep and measure all the ingredients before you start since this recipe cooks very quickly.
- Add in leftover meats like grilled chicken, leftover steak cubes, and more!
There are so many fresh vegetables you can add to this veggie pasta dish! Try adding green bell peppers, red bell pepper, yellow peppers, green onions, kalamata olives, black olives, lemon zest, red onion, and more.
Absolutely, this artichoke pasta would be great with more red pepper flakes, some cayenne pepper, black pepper, and some sauteed sweet onions.
What to Serve with Pasta with Artichokes Recipe
The good news is this easy pasta recipe is a full meal in one! No need to add a veggie or starch side. It is all in there. So, have fun with your sides.
Storage: Cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Freeze: This recipe cooks up so quickly, there is no reason to risk your veggies getting soggy!
More Delicious Italian Recipe Ideas
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Creamy Sausage Spaghetti (This can be made slightly spicy or not)
- Italian Stuffed Shells
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Stuffed Pizza Chicken
(click stars to rate)
Easy Skillet Italian Artichoke Medley with Pasta
- 12 ounce Bag frozen artichoke hearts, (you can also use canned, drained)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 3 cups spinach
- 10 ounce cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- your favorite cooked pasta
- ChoosePasta Cook using directions on package
- Gather and measure all ingredients This recipe cooks quickly.
- Heat skillet over medium High. In the heated skillet, place olive oil, chopped garlic, dried Italian herbs, and red pepper flakes and saute for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add in frozen artichoke hearts stir gently and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes until thawed. Then stir in cherry tomatoes stirring gently to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Next, add fresh spinach stirring gently to cook until wilted – approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour Italian dressing over the ingredients and stir to combine. Then cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Remove pan from heat and serve over your favorite pasta.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.