An easy keto low carb beef chili made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker or slow cooker. This no bean chili is rich and full of delicious flavor the whole family will love.
We have been eating more low carb meals at our house lately. Just trying to cut back a little. If you are here for great southern comfort food, don’t worry I am not giving up on other delicious foods for good, but this is a way to keep extra pounds from piling on and cutting out some sugar.
Also some of my friends have been asking me to post more low carb or keto recipes. And this recipe is keeping in with my philosophy that food should taste amazing and be easy to make. It really is scrumptious!
How do you make Chili Low Carb and Keto friendly?
It’s pretty simple – A NO BEAN CHILI – Cutting the beans out does it!
Some people ask how can it be chili without beans – I get that – but this recipe is so full of flavor. Adding in good amounts of spices that are rich and savory does the trick.
I don’t think you will miss them too much! And FOR MY FAMILY this wasn’t that big of issue. Some of them prefer it this was anyways!
Other ways to add in more YUM are with Toppings – you love.
Great ideas are sour cream, your favorite shredded cheeses, cilantro, jalapenos, and sliced avocado.
That brings me to two of my most favorite kitchen appliances that I use all the time! A Crock Pot and the Instant Pot. They make cooking so convenient and food taste delicious.
Making LOW CARB BEEF CHILI in the INSTANT POT and CROCK POT
Both of these options are fabulous ways to make this dish.
The Instant Pot offers a quick way to make this meal when you are short on time, but don’t want to give up all that delicious flavor. I see why my grandmother used her pressure cooker so much! WOW you cannot beat the taste. And the TIME SAVINGS!
Ever come in from a long day and no one wants to wait very long for dinner? No to mention you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? IP the the rescue!
The Instant Pot does have both a slow cook and pressure cooking features on it. I have to admit I often forget this about this fabulous creation.
But if you are going to be busy on the go or at home, you can get this started in the morning and have it slow cook in the CROCK POT all day as well. Those flavors come together like magic while you are doing all the things.
I still have an affinity for my crock pot and use it weekly and this reminds me I need to get their MULTI COOKER VERSION to try out at home, since you can saute and everything right in one pot.
So either way you have great options for making your LOW CARB CHILI.
Thing you can use to make No Bean Chili
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
More Lower Carb Recipes
- Instant Pot Southern Style Green Beans and Bacon
- Columbia Restaurant’s 1905 Salad
- Southern Collard Greens
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
PIN – Keto Low Carb Beef Chili – to Save and Share
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 cup beef broth
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Once hot add olive oil, the chopped onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 7 -10 minutes breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, to the Instant Pot and stir. Press Cancel to stop the saute function. Place lid on and close to lock. Then set to Manual High Pressure for 30 minutes to start pressure cooking.
- Let natural release and serve.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and cook the chopped onion for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Serve.
For the Crock Pot - if you want a thinner chili you can add in a little more beef broth or water.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 337 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 858mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 35g
Adapted from Wholesome Yum