For a twist on the normal holiday season savory cheese ball, try this sweet version and dip cookies and more into this delicious White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Ball. Satisfy your sweet tooth with the holiday flavors of cheesecake, white chocolate, and peppermint candies! It is a great way to serve a no-bake dessert at your next holiday party that your guests can munch on all day.
If you are a regular to the Soulfully Made pages, you may have noticed my affinity for cheesecake anything! Try this Classic Cheesecake recipe and add some Christmas toppings. Instead of apple pie this year, try this Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart. Oh, and if you have not tried this recipe for Biscoff Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bars or my Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes, you are missing out!
Serve this traditional Banana pudding Cheesecake Parfait in individual servings for a large holiday gathering. And you cannot go wrong with these Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies or Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
See what I mean, y'all?
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Easy Peppermint Cheesecake Ball Recipe!
- Cheesecake Deliciousness- What could go wrong with softened cream cheese and crushed candy canes?
- No-Bake Dessert- I love that there is no baking required for this recipe.
- Quick and Easy- With simple ingredients and fast prep, all you need is time to chill!
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Ball
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Mixing the Cheesecake Batter
Before getting started, set the cream cheese block and the butter out on the counter to reach room temperature. That way, they cream together easily.
Take out a large mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Begin to beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until perfectly smooth and creamy.
Then measure in the vanilla extract and mix.
Next, turn the mixer to low speed and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar a bit at a time so you do not make a mess of the kitchen and yourself. Continue mixing until it is fully incorporated.
Measure out ½ cup of white chocolate chips and ½ cup of chopped peppermints and add them to the bowl. Then with a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients inward on top of the candies until the candies are throughout the mixture.
Step 2 | Chill the Batter
Now it is time to firm that cheesecake batter in the fridge.
Line a small bowl (the size you want your ball to be) with a piece of plastic wrap that extends outside of the bowl. Now, pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the plastic wrap and into the bowl. Then cover the cheesecake mix well and form it into a ball as you go.
Place in the bowl into the refrigerator and chill until it is firm—about t 2 hours or more.
Step 3 | The Toppings
While waiting for the cheesecake ball to set up in the refrigerator, mix the rest of the white chocolate chips and chopped peppermints in a slightly larger bowl.
When finishing chilling, lightly press the peppermint chocolate coating into the cheesecake ball and turn the ball until it is fully covered.
Finally, serve it up on a serving plate with pretzels, graham crackers, cookies, and more. Want to get really fancy? Add a few holiday sprinkles to the top of the cheesecake dip, or add a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Then grab a cookie and dig in!
- Instead of making one big cheese ball, you can also make multiple individual-sized cheese balls. For uniformly sized servings, use a cookie scoop to measure the cream cheese and then roll them into balls and chill until firm. Then cover each ball in the white chocolate and peppermint mix.
- Ready to crush the peppermints or candy canes? Here is how I do it. Place the candies in a zippered bag. Seal the bag and place it on a kitchen towel, and hit the bag of peppermints with a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet. Or, if you have a food processor, you can pulse them for a few seconds until chopped.
- Never over-mix batters of any sort. Overheating the cream cheese and butter mixture will give you a soft cheese ball that takes more time to firm up in the refrigerator. If this happens, though, you can place it in the freezer for one hour to help it harden enough to form a ball. Then cover in the white chocolate chips and chopped peppermint when you are ready to serve it on a platter and add the cookies and pretzels.
- Use a colander to strain out the fine crumbs from the larger pieces of crushed candy. Add the peppermint pieces to the chocolate chips and press into the ball, then dust the top of the cheesecake ball with the red and white candy dust.
Yes, of course. That is one of the reasons I love this easy dessert recipe. Simply make the cheesecake ball and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap until you are ready to serve it up on a pretty platter surrounded by the cookies of your choosing.
Heading out to a relative’s house? Want to make it for a party? If you are traveling this Christmas, keep your peppermint cheesecake ball wrapped in plastic wrap and put it in a cooler with an ice pack. That way, your cheesy dessert stays nice and chilled, and firm. Then when you arrive, put the dessert on a platter and surround it with cookies for dipping.
In addition to the cookies in the pictures, I like to use a variety of cookies like regular Oreos, Biscoff cookies, Peppermint Oreos, Animal Cracker cookies, Vanilla Wafers, and more!
What to Serve with Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Ball
Serve a whole buffet of sweet and savory dessert bites with these recipes and more.
- Christmas Muddy Buddies
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
- Santa Jello Cups
- Christmas White Trash Popcorn Snack Mix
- Crockpot Chocolate Turtle Candies
Storage: Store the cheese ball will keep for about 3 days when well covered in the refrigerator. Wrap tightly and in an airtight container for the longest lasting cheeseball.
Freeze any leftover peppermint cheesecake in an airtight container and thaw it in the refrigerator before eating. However, do not microwave the cheeseball to thaw-- just let it sit in the fridge until ready.
Other Festive Recipes To Try
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Easy Peppermint Cheesecake Ball
- 1 hand or stand mixer
- plastic wrap
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 ¼ cups chopped peppermint candies or candy canes, divided
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and then gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing on low until well incorporated.
- Add ½ cup of white chocolate chips and ½ cup of chopped peppermints and fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Line a small bowl (I used one 6 inches in diameter) with a long piece of plastic wrap and pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the plastic. You want enough plastic wrap to fold over and cover the top of the cream cheese (You can also free form by hand).Place in the refrigerator and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Mix the remaining white chocolate chips and chopped peppermints in a bowl. Lightly press them into the cheesecake ball and roll it around until it is fully covered.
- Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, or cookies, and enjoy!
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
This is now bookmarked in my yearly recipe traditions! We simply loved this festive take on the classic cheeseball!
I made these cheesecake ball for Christmas and it was a total hit with everyone! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
This is the best thing I've ever seen! I absolutely love all the holiday flavors here. Honestly, I probably won't wait for next year to make it again. LOL
Suja md says
Outstanding recipe thanks so much! tasted so much good!
I love all things peppermint. This cheesecake ball gets me my peppermint fix and is a family favorite!